CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

An updated DATE!



We are moving our previously scheduled hike from August to June! I don't have the exact date yet but it will likely be the first week in June. I will be going with my daughter and probably my father and possibly one other. We will travel along with the Venture scouts from a local scouting troop. This will make the shuttling process more reasonable once we finish. I now have less time, 5 months, to gather my gear and get things lined up. At a minimum we still need a lightweight 2 person tent. My daughter has decided that she will not be able to hammock hang with me. I was planning on getting her her own but she says she will need someone close by. She has recently become mortified of Black Bears. She saw the movie Appalachian Impressions and became concerned. Oops.


Here's a look at what we can expect in May/June. This May be a huge help. The cooler evening temps will be nice reprieve from the 80's during the day.



0 comments: